"An essential part of seeing clearly is finding the willingness to look closely and to go beyond our own ideas."-Cheri Huber


Wednesday, November 28, 2012

MORNING TEA AND REFLECTION

I FEEL, BELIEVE AND KNOW:
I have woken up today feeling like there is sunlight within; like clouds don't just have silver linings but are made of silver itself; like there is no pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, the rainbow IS the gold; and that night exists so that the sun can take a nap; like there is no calm before a storm but that calm is the norm and a storm is just a temporary interruption;I feel like the life I was waiting to live has been waiting for me to see that it was here to live all along.

I have woken up knowing that every door that slammed shut in the past needed to be shut or I would not have looked for the one that has opened now; knowing that the guiding voice within us is much louder than the voices that surround us; knowing that you never rise or fall alone and that relationships matter more than resumes.

I have woken up believing that life will do what it must, we can either be friends with it or make it our enemy and the choice we make manifests in how we experience your experiences. I have woken up believing that whether you believe in God or are atheistic does not matter as much as how you treat those who believe differently than you, and how you treat yourself in your moments of vulnerability matters more than whether you pray or scientifically dissect your experience.

I have woken up feeling, knowing and believing that I may not always remember all that I have learned through my recent struggles, but I will always remember this relief that pauses, no matter how long, do come to an end. And if you are someone who is at the heart of your own pause, I feel, believe and know that you will find your way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment