"An essential part of seeing clearly is finding the willingness to look closely and to go beyond our own ideas."-Cheri Huber


Monday, August 27, 2012

Welcome your Today. Every day.


Dear Today,
Thank you for being here and thank you for allowing me to unlock all the secrets you hold for me with every passing hour. I do not know what they are and I do not know if they will uplift me or injure me. I don't know who waits behind your door...is it someone whose presence I enjoy or will it be someone I feel triggered by?

I do not know if when sun sets today I will rejoice in the glory you brought, or will I await the rise of the moon that will mark the fall of a day I did not enjoy.


I wonder what roles I will be invited to play with each experience you unfold...a wife, a therapist, a friend, a girl full of fear or a woman full of fortitude?

I am curious if there will be tears or smiles, will anger threaten to hijack my soul or will peace blanket my heart?

I don't know if you will join hands with what I have planned for you, or if you will take my hand and lead me where you must.

In all the uncertainty and impermanence you always bring, you hide an abundance of inspiration...and in all that I don't know about you hides a secret gem of certainty; that you will teach me something new.

Share all you must. I am ready. I have emptied my arms of yesterday's experience and I open my arms to today's opportunity.

With gratitude that you are here,
Nam

No comments:

Post a Comment